If you do not rent at a Bilt Rewards Alliance, you can pay rent directly through your property’s online payment portal without fees by using a Bilt Rent Account. For this payment method, we’ll generate a unique routing and account number for you to use in your resident portal. Whenever your unique routing and account numbers are used to pay rent, we’ll charge your Bilt Mastercard for the same amount. That way, you earn points on rent without paying the processing fees normally associated with using a credit card in an online payment portal! You can also use BiltProtect to immediately pay off any rent charges on your Bilt Mastercard Statement, keeping more of your credit line available for everything else.
To set up your Bilt Rent Account, head to the Bilt Rewards app or visit our website, select the Pay Rent tab, tap Pay rent online, and follow the on-screen prompts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the Bilt Rent Account for other non-rent transactions?
- You can use your Bilt Mastercard anywhere Mastercard is accepted, but the Bilt Rent Account is only for rent or rent-related charges to earn points on your rent transaction and avoid credit card fees.
Bilt has an internal team that validates these charges and ensures compliance with Bilt's Terms & Conditions. Each rental statement can be a bit different, which is why our internal team reviews the payments.
You can review the Bilt Rewards Terms & Conditions here, which include the limit on the amount of rent and rent-related charges allowed per month.
How many rent payments can I make with this method per month?
- We allow Bilt members to make one residential rent payment to one rental property in a 30-day period.
What if they require small deposits/microdeposits?
- If you’re asked to provide the amount of two small deposits in order to verify the account, you will receive an email and text from us with the amounts in 2-3 business days. If not, you can skip this step.
Can I deposit money into my Bilt Rent Account?
- Usage of the Bilt Rent Account is only for rent or rent-related payments in your online portal to earn points on your rent transaction and avoid credit card fees. You should never deposit or transfer funds to your Bilt Rent Account.
What if a rent payment is returned to my Bilt Rent Account?
- If you receive a refund for a rent payment using the Bilt Rent Account, it will be returned to the originator (property). You'll want to reach out to your landlord/property directly and request your refund be deposited to another account.
Why can't I just use my Bilt Mastercard® in my property's online payment portal?
- If you use your Bilt Mastercard® to pay rent through your landlord’s rent payment app or website, you may be charged a service or “convenience” fee by the payment platform.
What if I transfer money into my landlord's bank account, or pay rent using apps like Venmo or PayPal?
- Outside of rent payment portals, we also support rent payments made through Venmo and Paypal. Unfortunately, we do not support Zelle, or transferring rent payments into a recipient’s bank account.
I was told that my building is already part of the Bilt Rewards Alliance. Why am I being shown this?
- If you were directed to enroll in a Bilt Rent Account, please contact support.
What if my landlord only takes checks?
- You can still pay rent through the Bilt Rewards app and we will mail your landlord a check—all for no additional cost. The payment still gets charged to your Bilt Mastercard®, and you still earn 1x points on rent. You can learn more about mailing a rent check with Bilt here.