If you do not rent at a Bilt Rewards Alliance property, you can still use Bilt to submit a rent payment through your property's online portal and earn points on rent - You can utilize our Pay Rent Online rent payment option, known as a Rent Rewards Account, to do so.
For this payment method, we’ll generate a unique routing and account number for you to use wherever you pay rent online. Whenever your unique routing and account numbers are used to pay rent, we’ll charge your selected payment method for the same amount. Your selected payment method can be any debit or credit card linked to your Bilt account.
To set up your Rent Rewards Account, head to the Bilt Rewards app or visit our website, select the Pay Rent tab, tap or click Pay Rent Online, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my Rent Rewards Account for other non-rent transactions?
If you have the Bilt Mastercard®, you can use it anywhere Mastercard® is accepted. The Rent Rewards Account is only to be used for rent charges to earn Bilt Points on your rent transactions.
Bilt has an internal team that validates these charges and ensures compliance with Bilt's Terms & Conditions. Each rental statement can be a bit different, which is why our internal team reviews the payments.
You can review the Bilt Rewards Terms & Conditions here, which include the limit on the amount of rent charges allowed per month.
How many rent payments can I make with this method per month?
- We allow Bilt members to make one residential rent payment to one rental property in a 30-day period.
What if they require small deposits/microdeposits?
- If you’re asked to provide the amount of two small deposits to verify the account, you will receive an email and text from us with the amounts in 2-3 business days. If not, you can skip this step.
I'm being asked to include a bank name. What should I enter?
The bank name associated with the Rent Rewards Account is Evolve Bank and Trust and should be listed as a checking account.
If the bank address is needed to verify this payment method as well, the address is: 6070 Poplar Avenue, Suite 200 Memphis, Tennessee 38119
Can I deposit money into my Rent Rewards Account?
- Usage of the Rent Rewards Account is only for rent payments in your online portal to earn points on your rent transaction. You should never deposit or transfer funds to this account.
What if a rent payment is returned to my Rent Rewards Account?
- If you receive a refund for a rent payment using the Rent Rewards Account, it will be returned to the originator (property). You'll want to reach out to your landlord/property directly and request your refund be deposited to another account.
Why can't I just use my Bilt Mastercard® in my property's online payment portal?
- If you use your Bilt Mastercard® to pay rent through your landlord’s rent payment app or website, you may be charged a service or “convenience” fee by the payment platform.
What if I transfer money into my landlord's bank account, or pay rent using apps like Venmo or PayPal?
- Outside of rent payment portals, we also support rent payments made through Venmo and Paypal for members paying with the Bilt Mastercard®. The Rent Rewards Account can only be used for rent payments in an online portal when paying with a credit card or debit card other than the Bilt Mastercard®.
- We do not support Zelle, or transferring rent payments into a recipient’s bank account.
I was told that my building is already part of the Bilt Rewards Alliance. Why am I being shown this?
- If you were directed to enroll in a Rent Rewards Account, please contact support.
What if my landlord only takes checks?
- If you're approved for the Bilt Mastercard®, you can still pay rent through the Bilt Rewards app and we will mail your landlord a check—all for no additional cost. The payment will get charged to your Bilt Mastercard®, and you still earn 1x points on rent. You can learn more about mailing a rent check with Bilt here.