If you rent outside of the Bilt Rewards Alliance, Bilt members can pay rent directly through their property’s online payment portal by using their Rent Rewards Account in the Pay Rent Online tab.
For this payment method, we’ll generate a unique routing and account number for you to use in your resident portal. Whenever your unique routing and account numbers are used to pay rent, we’ll charge your selected payment method for the same amount. Your selected payment method can be any debit or credit card linked to your Bilt account. This way, you can earn Bilt Points in your online rent payment portal.
To set up your Rent Rewards Account, open the Bilt App and follow the instructions below:
1. Select the Pay Rent tab and tap Pay Rent Online.
- Select the payment method you’d like to charge your rent amount to when using this account.
- If you have the Bilt Mastercard®, you can use BiltProtect to pay rent without using your credit limit, by pulling the full rent payment directly from a linked bank account (kind of like a debit card).
Use the routing and account numbers provided to submit your rent payment in your online payment portal
2. Go to your online payment portal, log in, add a new Bank Account (some portals may also call this option e-check or ACH). Do not select credit card.
3. Use your unique Rent Rewards Account details and enter them into your online payment portal.
4. Check that the account and routing numbers match what's in your online portal
FYI: some portals require new accounts to be verified using a small deposit (also called a penny test). If account verification via deposit is required, you will receive an email from Bilt with the deposit amount. Depending on your online portal or the third-party site you're using, this could take anywhere from 1-3 days, so if you don't receive an email or text message immediately, don't worry!
5. Before you submit your rent payment in your online portal, select the payment method you’d like to charge your rent amount to when using this account. If you're using your Bilt Mastercard® check your available credit in the Cards tab.
If you have the Bilt Mastercard® and would like to enable BiltProtect, continue reading!
6. Scroll down on the Pay Rent tab of the Bilt app, tap BiltProtect and tap the toggle to turn it on. Do not submit your rent payment in your online portal until you have enabled BiltProtect in the app.
7. Once you've ensured BiltProtect is toggled on, submit your payment in your online portal.
You'll know the BiltProtect toggle is turned on when it turns green!
That's it! You've successfully set up your Rent Rewards Account and submitted your payment.